Thursday, August 04, 2005

I LOVE KOREA!!

Hi! How are you doing? I had a really great days in Korea! I LOVE KOREA!!! Well... What should I write about? Food? Places that I visited? Or, each day? hmm... it's difficult. Well, I'll write about things I was surprised or pleased, and write about food or places in abother day.

First, I could go to Korea by myself! I was very anxious about the flight and things after arriving at Korea. However, there was no difficult things. When I was waiting for my family at Incheon International Airport, one man talked to me. Before he talked to me, he talked with English speaker who was sitting in front of me in English. He said, "Hi, I'm Japanese..." So, I thought, he would talk to me in Japanese. BUT! He talked to me, "Annyonghaseyo! Chonun...(Hello, my name is...)" So, I said, "Sorry, I'm Japanese." He was very surprised... His talking was about fund-raising, but it semmed like fake. Then, my mother came up, so I could leave from there.

Second, at the first night, I went to Yakiniku(grilled meat) restaurant with my family. It was very delicious and cheap! You know, Korean food, like Kimchi, is hot, so I needed much water(but I like them!). And While I was eating, there was no water in the pot! I had to say in Korean... I remembered what I learnt in Korean class. And I said, "Chogiyo, mul cyuseyo!(Excuse me, water please!)" Then, a worker understood what I said and I could get water!!! I was very happy! After the day, I could order food in Korea with difficulties, but could get what I wanted, and pay money with listening to what the shop man said. However, it is very difficult to understand the amount of money. I think it's the same thing in English. I have had many classes and tests to listen to numbers. But I've never used in daily life. I hope the experience I had in Korea will help my future life.

I wanna write many many things. But if I wrote all of the things what I wanna write, this blog will filled with only this entry... So, I'll write about other things in another entry. In the last of today's entry, I wanna say... I love Korea, and I'll study Korean during the summer vacation and have test of Korean(like TOEIC or Eiken) in autumn!!!!!!!!


Korea Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Thu Aug 04, 01:57:00 p.m., Blogger CCoder said...

You're really happy about your trip... Seems you had a great time there.
Is always difficult to take the "first step" when you're in another country. But when you start, everythings flows i a natural way...
I love hot-spicy food. I think a good way to learn about a new culture, is tasting its food...
I know nothing about korean (less than japanese)... But i i ever take a trip to korea, i won't die thirsty, i will write down "Chogiyo, mul cyuseyo!" in a paper and hang it from my neck... hahaha ^_^.
How's korea people? are they kind?
I'll wait for your posts! and upload pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home