Saturday, March 31, 2007

1 month left

I'm sorry if there're people who visit my this blog that I seldome have entries.

I'm really enjoying my school life in MSSU. Since I came here on last August, severn months have passed. Time flies...
A few days ago, I finally booked the flight to Japan. I'll leave Joplin, the city I live in, on May 15th. Then, I'll stay at Kansas City, and next day, May 16th, I'll leave Kansas City to Dallas, then I finally, sadly, leave the U.S. to Japan.
I use American Airline, and the line between Dallas and Kansai Int'l Airport was canceled on last October. So I firstly have to go to Narita Int'l Airport. Then in my plan, I was about to back to Itami Airport from Narita, but when I booked the flight, it was late... it was full... So I have to move to Haneda from Narita, and then go to Itami Airport. Sorry if you are unfamiliar with airports in Japan. :-(
I'm afraid it's a hard flight schedule, but it's the only way... NO WAY!!!
When I booked the flight, I was so sad because even though I know I have to go back to Japan, it seemed like dream. But the booking pulled me back to the reality.

These days, I spend more time in Green Room, the room for actors during the show and also the room theatre students have fun, than last semester. I'm chiken, so I still have some difficulties to talk with them, but comparewing with the first days I came here, it's changed. One day, in conversation, there's a topic about the new production featured China in next semester. One of my friend asked me, "Are you gonna take an audition for it?" I answered, "No, I can't. I'll be back to Japan after the final. I'm a one-year exchange student." Then he was surprised, because he didn't know it. Same as him, there are some students, or most of them in Southern Players, don't know that I leave soon. They, include professors, say, "What!? Why? Rule? Then, after you backed to Japan, you should stop out the school and come back here!" One of my professor who had two classes I took last semester said to me, "It's too sad that we don't have you next semester. You should stay here, so I'll call to your university." Of course, it's a joke to call to my univ, but these words made me so sad!!!!!!! To tell the truth, I couldn't break the ice between me and theatre guys. At first, I couldn't understand what they are saying when I came here. Even now, I can't understand all, but it's much better. So I thought even though I'm majoring theatre, I'm not in the community. But now I knew that it's not, I'm in the community. Of course, I don't hang out with them, and after classes, I go to the library directly everyday, but I'm recognized as a member of Southern Theatre. If I have one more year, I can be more friendly with them, I can help and (may be able to) play the production. It's very sad to say good bye to them, but they provided great stages, and above all, they showed me what I really want to do. If I didn't come here, I would do job hunting now, and work at the company that I'm not interested in. Now, I'm planning to study abroad again after my graduation. Of course, there's a problem of money, but I'll earn money as much as I can. I don't know to come back here, Missouri Southern, but it's true to major Theatre again.

Today, it's March 31st, Suturday. From Monday, I'll have classes again and it's April 2nd. The last day of class is May 2nd. There's only one month! After that, I'll have final exams and packing. I'll do my best to have a great month ever, and have a great memory with Theatre guys.

1 Comments:

At Thu Mar 06, 04:19:00 p.m., Blogger Bernat said...

Still visiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home