Friday, October 13, 2006

C→E→J→K

When I post last time, I wrote that I would write about "Goat Loast", but even though about two weeks have past since then, why there's no post about that? That's why, I didn't go. To tell the truth, on Sunday, the day of the event, I got sick, the serious cold, and I couldn't go. But now, I'm alright! :)

By the way, do you know the meaning of the title? If you can know, it's amazing! lol It means the process of translation I did last night.

C: Chinese
E: English
J: Japanese
K: Korean

I started to learn Chinese here, and of course, the text is written in English. Last night, I was studying for today's Mid-term exam (I did, and it's easy.). At first, I read and wrote Chinese sentences and translated into English. Then, I thought, "I'm forgetting Korean... I don't want!" So I translated English into Japanese, and then, into Korean. A friend of mine said to me, "What are you doing? Are you ok?" I'm ok. :) I know it's weird, but I seriously don't want to forget what I learned for one year and a half, and I want to improve my Korean skill. I asked my mom to send me the text book that I used in Korean class.

About two months have past since I came to America, and recently I speak Japanese too much! I know it's not good to improve my English skills, but when I talk with my friends from Japan, I speak Japanese not English. So, I was curious about my English skill that if my English was improved. Last night, my frined who studies Japanese asked me to teach Japanese for her mid-term exam. After I taught her, we chatted with her. Then, I realized that it was smooth. The conversation was very natural! I was surprised! I was very happy! I found even though I speak too much Japanese, I everyday listen English in classes, and it improves my English skills! Of course, I need to speak English more and more. I'm gonna talk with many people, and I hope when I back to Japan, my English is not like "Japanese English", but "American English"!

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 07, 05:34:00 a.m., Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Hey Azusa! I'm going to Japan yay! mail me at surronded@gmail.com pleaseee ;)

 
At Tue Nov 07, 11:34:00 p.m., Blogger Azusa said...

>bernat
Hi, Bernat. Are you coming to Japan!? cool! It's sad not to meet you 'cause I'm not in Japan, but I hope you'll have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home