Sunday, January 15, 2006

January 9th

Before I write the third day of my trip, I'll write about January 9th. It's Coming of Age Day (Seijin no hi). In Japan, the ceremonies are held in each city. So, I attended the ceremony with my friends.

On the day, I left home about 6:30 am to wear Kimono. Wearing Kimono is very tough work... Of course, I can't wear it by myself! And after wearing it, Kimono made me hard to breath... oh no! I can't imagine that people many years ago were wearing it everyday...But I was happpy to waer it, because my grandmother and aunt made it! My grandfather's house is mercer (make and sell Kimono), so they made it for me! And I heard my kimono cloth was used for my mother's Kimono. I couldn't believe it! And my aunt also told me that it's impossible to make the same cloth with carrent technology. My Kimono's color is yellow, and the color is able to be make by plants by craftsmen's skill!

The ceremony itself was a little bit boring, but I could meet many friends and take pics with them. After I backed home, I took some pics, and took off Kimono as soon as possible. How comfortable it was! After that, I ate lunch and slept...

Wearing Kimono is hard, but it's a memorable day!!

Kimono Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At Sun Jan 15, 11:10:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

黄色!かーわいいい♪♪♪

 
At Sun Jan 15, 03:35:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice that you can keep such traditions up to date!
Looks very nice.

 
At Mon Jan 16, 10:40:00 a.m., Blogger CCoder said...

Beautiful Kimono!!!
I like japanese clothes (both for men & women).

 
At Tue Jan 17, 09:54:00 a.m., Blogger CCoder said...

Azusa, you've chosen (by me) to continue a blogger chain... You have to choose 5 bad habits you have, and post them in your blog... then choose another 5 bloggers to do the same...

to see an example:
My List
My Victims

 

Post a Comment

<< Home