Thursday, January 19, 2006

December 29th ~third day~

Again, it's about my trip.

This was a big day for me! That's because...
I could take taxi and train with my Korean!!!

I was soooooo happy!
Before I leave Japan, my teacher of Korean class said to me...
"If you enjoy real trip, you should take public transportation."
yes, in last summer, I went some places but it's with my dad's driving.
In this day, dad had a work, so we three were planning to go Seoul.
From our staying town to Seoul, it took about one and a half hours by train.
But we didn't havt to change trains, so it was easy.
And it was so interesting! Everything is different from Japanese one!
For example, the most interesting point for me was sellers in the train.
it's so cold in Korea, so 4 or 5 people take train to sell groves or ear muffs and so on.
i couldn't understand what they said, but I understood that they sold things.

We safely arrived at Seoul.


in front of the Nandemon with my sister Posted by Picasa


Nandemon market Posted by Picasa

it's around 1 pm, so we went to restaurant for lunch.
we went to Myongdong area, and ate Sollontan. of course, it's yummy!


sollontan Posted by Picasa

After the luch, we went around the area, and visited Myongdong Church.
I'm not a chirstian, but I went. it was beautiful!


Myongdong church Posted by Picasa

And I went CD shop. it was a very place i wanted to go!
I wanted to buy Korean singer's CD, and I could get.
in the shop, Japanese CDs were sold, and my mom got Hirai Ken's new CD.
it's about 1800yen. if we get it in Japan, it'll take about 3000yen...
we were lucky!


myongdong area Posted by Picasa

we went many shops and walked a lot.


lotte department sotre Posted by Picasa

it's getting dark, so we went to station( it's hard to get there...)
on the way to the station, there was a skating rink.
at the center of the crossing! it's like pics of New York.(it's my image...)


skating rink Posted by Picasa

we got home around 7 pm. of course, we took taxi to home.
when I told the address to the driver, my pronunciation was bad, so
he said, "huh? uh?" many times...
I somehow told, and we got.

the dinner was Sashimi. it's much cheaper than Japanese one.
we were really lucky!
the woman in the restaurant was so interesting and friendly.
(trully, she was a good friend of my dad)
she gave us some extra food for free! Kamsahamnida, Ajumma!!!(thanks!)

it was so great day! and I got confidence in my Korean.


sashimi Posted by Picasa

Meungtang Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 20, 07:10:00 a.m., Blogger CCoder said...

What teacher said to you is true, travelling is a good way to know about other countries, and doing in public services adds a little excitment to the trip!
Here we have sellers inside the train too (but not in the metro). They sell cheap things, from batteries to books... Even CDs...
---
Yeah, the pic from the skating ring looks like NY. That's the tipical image from Central Park in Winter XD
---
Sashimi looks delicious. I think i've saw it in a japanese restaurant few months ago. It's fish, right? or am I wrong?
Free food is always welcome! hahahahaha
---
Congrats for your trip! And for improving your korean skills!

BTW, I see you added a link to my blog, Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home