Tuesday, June 20, 2006

my PC

My new computer came to my house today. I could somehow set-up Windows. So I can write essays or listen to music, but I haven't signed for the internet provider yet, so I can't be on the net. I was seeing some homepages of providers, but... it's difficult to choose, isn't it? They have their original rate plans, and they're all attractive! Therefore, I googled (this is my first time to use this word. haha.) which provider is good for using in overseas. Then, there was a one that sounds good. It has many places to dial in the US, of course the town I'll stay, and it has several kinds of courses, the rate. I haven't decided which one to choose, but it looks better than any other one, I guess. I asked it to send me some information sheet.

But, I think that... it costs very much!!! The computer cost almost same as my round-trip plane tickets. And, I'll travel around the US in long vacation, so I'll need some money even if I pay attention not to use too much. The money always bother me; however, yesterday, I talked with some friends who will study abroad from this summer and who were studying abroad last year. I heard many many things from them. I really appreciate them. They told us some important things, for example, about packing and bank account. And also, they told us about the laundry and some sweets :) The story about the laundry was very interesting to listen to, but if it's my case, I will not be able to laugh, because the clothes shrink! One of them was unbelievable story, but it happened actually. Today I asked my mother who has lived in the US for some years about it, and then she answed, "YES." Oh~... She said the machine dries out clothes with a warm breeze, so they used to shrink. Her advice was to buy bigger one. I think it's true, because the machine shrinks them and also I'll gain weight. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home