Tuesday, June 13, 2006

good bye St.Louis

In last post, I said I would stay at St. Louis before to go to Joplin. But, last night, I received an email from the travel agency, and he said, "From this August, the American Airline will not have flights between St. Louis and Joplin, so the nearest airport from the university is Springfield in MO. Please ask the university about the pickup services." I can't believe it! Why from August!? Oh, no~! :( I have a class with a native professor tomorrow, so I'll ask him to check my English of the draft of the email to the university.

These days, I'm very anxious about my studying abroad. Especially, I'm worry about my English ability. I rarely have the opportunites to speak English. Listening and reading English are more available than speaking in my daily life, for example, reading English novel or newspaper in the library, blogging (like this), and Podcast. The Podcast is a really really great tool, I think. I listen three Podcast; CNN News, TOEFL Podcast, and Bob&Rob Show. I've been listening CNN and TOEFL for about five months, but Bob&Rob's been started to listen to from Yesterday. So, I've not listened it so much yet, but it's bery interesting. Yesterday, I was listening to it on my way to the university. It's thirty-minute show, and when the speakers, Bob and Rob, said something funny, it's hard to stand laughing! I wanted to laugh, but I was in the train, so I couldn't... Anyway, they're good to imorove my listening skill. The problem is speaking as I said. Do you have any good idea? In this connection, I don't have web-mike or something conveninent for chatting on line.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jun 14, 07:15:00 a.m., Blogger CCoder said...

Here, there are some "conversational english" groups. They met in a bar every week, and speaks about normal stuff, but only in english... That's a good way to practice.

 
At Wed Jun 14, 09:11:00 a.m., Blogger Azusa said...

Hi, Federico. Thank you for your idea! I'll look for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home